The W2SB Challenge #2 features the Olympic Flag for inspiration. After watching the opening ceremonies, I thought I would create a CAS card focusing on the grand celebration of the Olympics - the athleticism, diversity, and spirit of the games. I used this older Penny Black stamp set called "Trims" that has a bunch of funky shapes. I picked one that made me think of fireworks. Using Copics to color matching rhinestones and adding a banner sentiment from Hero Arts finished off this card. Thanks for a great challenge...I enjoyed it!

This is a great card for this challenge. Nice job coloring the gems with your Copics and you have the most ideal sentiment. Wonderful job, Ann.
ReplyDeleteThank you Donna!
DeleteHi, Ann. Love these "fireworks" in the Olympic colors. And, what a clever idea to color the gems with the same colors. You have definitely created a joyous and brilliant card that captures the Olympic spirit perfectly! Thanks so much for playing along at W2SB!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sybrina! This was a fun challenge :)
DeleteI love how you used the fireworks to echo the rings on the Olympic flag without actually using rings!!! The random perfectly coordinated jewels add texture and interest also. Great job!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Bobbi! What a great and timely idea for a challenge!
ReplyDeleteAnnie, you are the Winner of the Colours of the World challenge at Words2Scrapby.blogspot.com. Please email me at BobbisTreasure at aol dot com to claim your prize!!!
ReplyDeleteWowzer!!! Thank you Bobbi! I sent off the email...I'm soooo thrilled!
ReplyDeleteHi, Ann. Congrats on being this month's winner! Bobbi and I both loved your Olympic-inspired, gem-adorned fireworks. :)
ReplyDelete