Happy November 1st! It's time for another inspirational challenge from Words 2 Scrap By and this month we are celebrating gratitude and kindness. For my card, I decided to try a bunch of different techniques to mix things up a bit - literally!
First I wanted to make my own background paper. I used Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor paper, three different stamps, and heat embossed the images. Then I added Distress Inks in Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Forest Moss & Vintage Photo on the background, spritzed some water, and let it dry. (That was the hard part :-). I added a "thanks" die cut from My Favorite Things, using Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE) on the die cut for serious shine and dimension. I die cut the sweet "Reed Bird" from Memory Box holding a punched maple leaf to match the birds in the background. Lastly, I needed ribbon to match the cardstock so I made my own, adding dye ink to a plastic bag and swishing around some white seam binding. When it was the color I wanted, I spread it out to dry. This card was a lot of fun but took patience. I really have a hard time waiting for things to dry!
I hope you'll join in the challenge this month for a chance to win a guest I-Teamer spot in January and a wonderful Tim Holtz mini blueprints stamp set! Thanks so much for stopping by and supporting Words 2 Scrap By!

Annie,
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous! Love the richness of the color you achieved using those Distress Inks. and your background is amazing! I have to confess I share the same frustration about waiting for things to dry. :)
Thanks so much for being the hostess of our November challenge at Words 2 Scrap By! This Tim-inspired card is a perfect fit for the Tim Holtz stamp set prize.
What a lovely background you created! love the silhouette look of the bird and sentiment against it!
ReplyDelete