Happy New Year!!! W2SB has been live for one year and it has been a blast to be part of the I-Team. I'm looking forward to 2015 and more creative challenges from W2SB this year! I hope you are too!
January is being kicked off with a unique challenge: #youchoosetheword(s). Start with a hashtag and use any words your heart desires!
For my card, I went with #auldlangsyne. We all know the song and sometimes it's a little confusing...like the scene from When Harry Met Sally. Harry wonders, “What does this song mean? My whole life, I don’t know what this song means. I mean, ‘Should old acquaintance be forgot?’ Does that mean that we should forget old acquaintances. Or does it mean that if we happened to forget them, we should remember them, which is not possible because we already forgot them?”
The title of the 1700's Scottish tune by Robert Burns translates to “times gone by” and is about remembering friends from the past and not letting them be forgotten. I'm going with that :-) and will drink a cup (or glass) of kindness for auld lang syne, my dear,
This image is a great one from Tiddly Inks called "Lily Bean - Happy New Year." I digitally colored the image and touched it up with Copics. Of course, what is champagne without bubbles, so gold sequins and clear rhinestones were added to the bubbly.
I hope you'll join in the challenge at W2SB and tell your friends! Word has it there are going to be some terrific prizes this year {wink, wink}. Happy New Year!!

Hi, Annie.
ReplyDeleteHappy 2015!
So glad you've joined us for another year at W2SB! And, as for your card: #loveitandyourreasonforchoosingit! How clever to use those gems for champagne bubbles. As always, I'm in awe of your coloring skills.
Wishing you a wonderfully crafty New Year!
Great card, Annie--love the bubbles! I'm really looking forward to being on the I Team with you this year. Don't forget--Go Ducks!
ReplyDeleteToo stinkin' cute. Love the sequins as bubbles!
ReplyDelete#happynewyear!
Love the use of the trendy sequins. So happy you are at part of the team at Words 2 Scrap By!!
ReplyDelete