Sunday, February 1, 2015

Words 2 Scrap By #14: Do Something Different

The challenge over at Words 2 Scrap By for February is to "Do Something Different."  I'm always game for getting out of a rut and trying something new.  So...I plugged in the eBrush I bought with a Christmas gift card, loaded up a Spectrum Noir marker, and happily began spraying ink all over the place...LOL!  I definitely need practice at this airbrushing thing!  I didn't get too fancy for my first adventure but was actually happy with the results for the background layer.  In person it looks a bit like stone.


The rest of the card came together a bit quicker once the spraying frenzy was over.  I stamped the hearts in VersaFine Onyx Black ink on the airbrushed background.  Then I stamped it 7 more times on scrap paper so I could fussy cut and paper piece the hearts.  The sentiment is from Avery Elle and the black layer was die cut with the femme frame from Mama Elephant.

I hope you'll venture outside of your comfort zone and do something different for the W2SB challenge this month.  Helpful hint:  If you practice airbrushing, move things that are NOT part of the project out of the way :-))  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  We look forward to seeing your projects!

4 comments:

  1. Annie, So glad you tried out your new airbrush. Your card is great, so you definitely need to use this new toy more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you paper pieced your hearts, and the airbrushed background is fabulous! I can't wait to see how you use it on other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo for using new toys. I love my eBrush and you will too. Your card is just beautiful with all those fussy cut hearts. Love it!!! hugs, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo for using new toys. I love my eBrush and you will too. Your card is just beautiful with all those fussy cut hearts. Love it!!! hugs, :)

    ReplyDelete