Monday, March 5, 2018

Cards in Envy: Green Things

Hi CIE friends!  It's the first Monday in March and time for a new challenge over at Cards in Envy.  Our theme this time is Green Things.  Create any size card, any occasion, with lots of green as your main color.  Just make sure it's not too lumpy or bumpy and will fit comfortably in an envy 😊  

For my DT card, I went with a group of green monsters for a card for my DGS:


I just love these little monsters from My Favorite Things!  I used various green inks from Catherine Pooler and the MFT coordinating dies to cut them out.  The sky was stenciled with MFT's cloud stencil and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  The sentiment (also from MFT) was white heat embossed on a black cardstock scrap.  I added a glossy red heart and some details with a white gel pen to finish the card.  

We hope you'll play along and show us your green!  The challenge will end on Sunday, March 18th.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  

6 comments: