Good morning! This card started out with the embossed Christmas tree image (Rubbernecker) on a scrap of red cardstock that had been laying on my desk for a couple of weeks. When I saw the challenge over at Shopping our Stash for Paper Strip Art (Bargello Technique), I thought I would go for it, try something new, and use the tree image...somehow! I watched the linked video in the post and headed to my scrap bin. There were a few hiccups along the way like when I realized I used temporary adhesive to attach the strips. Oops. So I Modge Podge'd the entire thing before I die cut the layer - problem solved!
This was fun to put together. The scraps were from a 6x6 American Crafts paper pad called "Crimson" that included only red/white patterns. Perfect for my neglected little tree.
Thanks so much for stopping by ~ I hope you're having a good week!
Annie

Love this! Think SSS Monday Challenge is also for a Christmas tree. If yes, you need to link this up there, too. :)
ReplyDeleteWell Ann, hiccups and all, you created a gorgeous card with this technique, love the monochromatic look of it with the black to highlight it, the tree image is just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you shared this card with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, I hope you join us again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.
quick thinking with the modge podge. Love the red and I really want to try a Seasonal card now after seeing yours. Awesome job. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Strip challenge at Shopping Our Stash.
ReplyDeleteVery eye-catching papers-- love the red and white, plus your neglected little tree! I Mod Podged mine, too!!! Thanks for sharing at SOS:)
ReplyDeleteohhhhhhhh how lovely! beautiful card, gorgeous take on the bargello technique! thanks for joining us at SHOPPING OUR STASH! :)
ReplyDelete