Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Paper Players #385: Nance's CAS Challenge

Hello Paper Players!  I hope you had fun celebrating St. Patrick's Day yesterday!  I didn't find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow BUT we do have rainbows kicking off a CAS (Clean & Simple) Challenge hosted by our wonderful Nance today:




Since the theme is Clean And Simple this week, I kept to one main focal point, very minimal layers (1) and embellishments (0) and lots of open ("white") space.  I stamped the row of presents from Concord & 9th's Birthday Stacks and colored them in rainbow colors with Copics.  I then grounded the Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday border die cut over the presents. The white stitched rectangle (MFT) was mounted on a white card base. That's it...CAS and done!

Don't forget to check out the other DT members' blogs for a rainbow of inspiration:


The Paper Players Design Team


And just a few rules:

  1. Create a new paper project.
  2. Upload your project to your blog with a link back to The Paper Players.
  3. Provide a direct link to your blog post for your challenge entry.
  4. Please link your card to no more than FOUR challenges (including ours).
  5. HAVE FUN!
Thanks for playing along and making this blog challenge so much fun to be a part of.  I hope you have an awesome week and thank you for visiting!  Hugs, Annie



11 comments:

  1. Great card, love your take on the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun idea for the challenge! Love your row of rainbow presents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made a rainbow from the C&9 set...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie this card is a CAS triumph - fabulous! Love those rainbow parcels and your diecut sentiment - the swirls remind me of parcel string, it works so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, this is CAS perfection. Love these rainbow packages and that fabulous die-cut, it really completes the whole design. Beautiful card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea for a birthday card...happy colors and that diecut is perfect! Hey, thanks for choosing my Cards in Envy card too!! You're a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annie, I LOVE this card! I think the way you've turned the presents into a rainbow and used them to ground the sentiment is really clever and your colouring fantastic. So CAS and so vibrant. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie, great job embracing (and explaining) the CAS aspect of this challenge! Love it, and the happy row of presents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie, such a FUN card! Who wouldn't want to open all these gifts for their birthday?!? Love the way you incorporated the rainbow theme! I hope you are having a great week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie, I love your row of presents - such a great way to work with the rainbow challenge and your card is wonderfully CAS. Love it
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Annie, I love your row of presents - such a great way to work with the rainbow challenge and your card is wonderfully CAS. Love it
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete