Sunday, March 25, 2018

The Paper Players #386: A Sketch Challenge from Claire

Welcome back, Paper Players!  It's the last challenge for March and it's a wonderful sketch from our creative hostess, Claire.


Sketches are always a great way to get your mojo going, and this one is no different.  I used it for one of my Easter cards:

I started with a white card base and layered embossed pink cardstock using Lifestyle Crafts basket weave embossing folder.  I added a super glittery pink strip of American Crafts glitter paper.  The bunny and basket are from Cheery Lynn Designs called Spring Basket 1.  I stuffed that adorable basket with small die cut eggs out of various pastel scraps and nestled the bunny right in the middle.  I also added some sprigs of "grass" and pretty pink bows with pearls.  The sentiment was part of an Echo Park Easter epherma pack from a discount bin.


The Paper Players Design Team


And just a few rules:

  1. Create a new paper project.
  2. Upload your project to your blog with a link back to The Paper Players.
  3. Provide a direct link to your blog post for your challenge entry.
  4. Please link your card to no more than FOUR challenges (including ours).
  5. HAVE FUN!
We hope you'll play along this week ~ Thanks for stopping by!

  

8 comments:

  1. Annie... have loved this card from the moment you posted it... a perfect Easter card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, this is fantastic! I love the embossed background and that basket full of eggs is precious! My favorite part of an Easter basket was always the chocolate bunny! White chocolate is the best! Love those precious little bows and pearls! You certainly made my sketch shine, My Friend! Have a sunny week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute as can be....what's not to love about all the elements you combined here? Love the pink glitter paper, that great banner and that sweet little bunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such sweetness! The basket weave embossing folder - big tick. The bunny and eggs tucked in the basket are just adorable. I don't think I've seen a nicer Easter card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all that pink Annie and that fabulous overflowing Easter basket - looks like the ones my kiddies return from their egg hunts with and the bunny is always the prize at the end. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, this is a basket anyone would love to receive, Annie! I love all the die cuts, and those gorgeous little pink bows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my this card is bursting with springtime happiness! What a sweet basket die and perfectly filled with Easter goodies. Love the tie-in with the basketweave embossing and the big sentiment banner is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful spring card and I am in love with that Easter basket. Wonderful use of die-cuts, too. Gorgeous
    hugs
    jayvee

    ReplyDelete