Monday, November 14, 2016

OLS #33: Peace be with You

My rainy Sunday card is for the November challenge over at One Layer Simplicity.  The challenge is to create a one layer card that brings peace in a particular moment.  For me, few things are more peaceful than a quiet snowfall:


Creating a one layer card is not necessarily peaceful to me yet but I'm working on it :)  I do like the challenge and if it takes 2 or 3 tries (as this one did), I know the "peace" will eventually come!  On the Neenah Solar White card base, I masked off the center and stamped Tim Holtz' Treeline in VersaMark.  The trees were then heat embossed with white detail embossing powder.  I used Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass) to brush the sky and using Copic Opaque White and a stencil tool, I added the falling snow.  The sentiment is from a very old sympathy stamp set (mfg unknown).  I think this will make a "peaceful" holiday card for my stash!

Thanks so much stopping by ~ have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card and is definitely a picture of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, Ann! Your card perfectly exemplifies the theme of the challenge. I love how you added the snow over the tumbled glass...it integrates the whole to the base of the card. Excellent design sense! Thanks so much for sharing this with the OLS Challenge. Peace be with you, Ann!

    ReplyDelete