Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Paper Players #382: A Sketch Challenge from Sandy

Welcome back, PP Friends!  The oh-so-talented Sandy is our hostess this week for our monthly Sketch Challenge and it's a good one!



I tried the spotlight technique for my card this week:


First I stamped the MFT Floral Fantasy background stamp on Neenah Solar White cardstock.  Next I die cut the center for the focal point in the sketch.  I colored the die cut with Prismacolor pencils.  I added the black embossed strip and then popped up the "spotlight" with black fun foam. The sentiment (Wplus9) was white heat embossed on another piece of black cardstock.  I also used Wink of Stella on the colored focal point. It's pretty shimmery IRL!

You can check out the rest of the DT members' fab cards on their blogs:

The Paper Players Design Team
And just a few rules:
  1. Create a new paper project.
  2. Upload your project to your blog with a link back to The Paper Players.
  3. Provide a direct link to your blog post for your challenge entry.
  4. Please link your card to no more than FOUR challenges (including ours).
  5. HAVE FUN! 

We hope you'll play along with us this week and can't wait to see what you create!  Thanks for visiting!





6 comments:

  1. Such a creative idea for the sketch..beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique take on the sketch, Annie! Love the spotlight technique especially with the black and white paper. It really makes your coloring pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever spotlighting! I like the contrast of black with the rich central colours - really eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie this card has inspired me! I have some adult coloring books with some pages similar to this, and how clever to use the pattern both as a background and focal point. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Annie, I LOVE this card! The bright, vibrant coloring just pops off the black and white! This card makes me smile! I hope you are having a great week, My Friend! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie wonderful use of the spotlight technique. Your card reminds me of those amazing coloring books that are out there. I agree with Claire, the vibrant colors just pop off the page
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete