Sunday, April 1, 2018

The Paper Players #387: A Theme Challenge from Laurie

Happy Easter to all who celebrate!  After you finish eating the ears off that chocolate bunny, why not play along with our lovely Laurie's theme challenge over at The Paper Players this week and get musical?



And, yes, if you're wondering did I sing the Happy Birthday song while making this card...I sure did!  I used SU Color Theory ombre cardstock in Dapper Denim and white heat embossed the musical background from MFT.  Then I die cut the MFT sentiment and layered the negative over a Dapper Denim card base.  I die cut the sentiment again, twice, once in white cardstock and another in white glittery cardstock.  I glued the letters together and placed the letters slightly off to the right and down for a little bit of shadow.  SU Glittery enamel dots were sprinkled throughout and a white silk cord bow topped off the card.

We hope you'll get musical and sing along with the team as you check out their beautiful inspiration:

The Paper Players Design Team


And just a few rules:

  1. Create a new paper project.
  2. Upload your project to your blog with a link back to The Paper Players.
  3. Provide a direct link to your blog post for your challenge entry.
  4. Please link your card to no more than FOUR challenges (including ours).
  5. HAVE FUN!

Thanks so much for stopping by ~ Have a wonderful week!




7 comments:

  1. Annie... as always, a great card! Love your use of the MFT products... the music background for Happy Birthday is a smart idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ombre! What a fun card and so perfect for the challenge. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great music stamp - I love the way the music looks like it's dancing on the page. Using the ombre paper was such a great idea too. Lovely card, Annie. I hope you've had a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh you have me humming the birthday song, Annie! I love the wavy music note background, and the big sentiment is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Annie - the wavy music adds a real sense of movement to your card and the sparkly layered sentiment is fab! And yes, I am now humming away as I type!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO cool...I just used this DSP for a card and mine doesn't look anywhere NEAR as awesome as yours does! What a fun background and a great musically-themed creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annie, this is fabulous! I love the wavy music background! I sang along with you! The sparkly layered sentiment is fantastic! XX

    ReplyDelete